Good, Better, Best

I like to think I am good at teaching my children things. I like to think. Then I realize that what I am actually good at is telling them things. Not the same thing. Telling them something is good. Teaching them something is better. I am continually stumbling my away around the whole good, better, best thing. I am constantly immersing myself in the "good" and justifying myself. Then I get lost. Really. Really. Lost. Good is NEVER good enough. I am okay with that. I don't get depressed. I only get empty. I am frustrated. I micromanage. I am bugged. I am distracted.

This is just one thing. There are more. I am okay with that too. Isn't that why I am here? I have a lot of faith that I will get there -- eventually, I will be my very BEST.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So many thoughts

A Mother's Day Letter to My Kids