Taking a Stand

I will not take issue with any person no matter their race who can speak English. I will however, take issue with any person, no matter their race, who cannot speak English. I have informed my children, as they will most likely be the ones embarrassed by my behavior, that I will no longer struggle to understand someone who cannot speak English. I will politely and calmly ask to speak to someone who can speak the native tongue. By this I mean someone who speaks English well enough to understand me without several repeats of an order of say a -- Big Mac, not the meal, just the sandwich, and a diet coke -- so that I do not have to say something like, "I'm sorry. I don't know what the hell you are saying!!!"

Comments

Brit H. said…
Wow! Could it be??? Are you really back? I have missed you!

BTW- Your 1st born (biologically born son-you know who I mean) looked really cute at homecoming.

Popular posts from this blog

So many thoughts

S*&#t I let my kids and their friends do

A Mother's Day Letter to My Kids