Plus Size Model

Hey, did you all hear America's Next Top Model crowned its new winner. Her name is Whitney and she is a "plus size" model. I can hear you all cheering for this FIRST TIME EVER event in the history of ANTM. So, we are downstairs watching DVR of the season finale. Fourteen year-old daughter 1 (hereinafter "d1") and 12-year old daughter 2 (hereinafter "d2") and a couple of 12-13 year old d2 friends all sitting on the couch and this is the conversation.

Mom: "Hey, I want to see this. Which one is the plus size.
D1: "The one in the middle."

Random conversation about who likes or hates who and why .. some fast forward of the DVR. I still can't really see this voluptuous beauty Whitney, the plus size model because she is in a big, white coat. However, I am not sure she looks a whole lot plussier than Anya and whoever the other chick is.

Mom: "So, what do they consider a plus size model -- something like a 6 0r 8?" (yeah that sounds about right for ANTM)
D2: "Anything over a size 4."

WHAT?!?! BAH!!!!

Laughing from me ...

D2: "Mom, chillax, that is just in the fashion industry." (please use appropriate teenage daughter sarcasm when repeating this line in your head)
Mom: "I think I will go upstairs now and lament the fact that my teenage daughters are watching a tv show that thinks a "plus size" model is anything over a 4."

What the . . . .

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So many thoughts

S*&#t I let my kids and their friends do

A Mother's Day Letter to My Kids