Email exchanges from Spain with Daughter 1

June 18

D1: yo im in a hotel in spain somewhere. haha yea theres a massive line for the internet so im hurrying. but everythings awesome ill try to commmunicate more but its hard.
love you
....peace

Mom: I am hoping you get this. Thanks for the email. I had spent the last couple of hours arguing with myself about whether or not to try and track you down. I had decided to give you until tonight. Thanks for not making me find you. I love that you don’t need us. I love that you are having fun. I love that I know you love us.

Be good.
Love me

Dad: further signs of life are welcome.
We'd essentially decided that you are just too damn independent. A reflection of a good upbringing, I suppose.
But we're glad to hear from you. And even more glad that there wasn't a ransom demand accompanying the signs of life.
Go to a bullfight. It'll be Rambo-esque. But with real blood. Sometimes, with any luck, it'll be the bullfighter's blood. [Bullfighting is like NASCAR. Folks really only go to see the wrecks. That's why Dale Earnhart is such a hero: He had the good sense to die on the track; just like the fans all wanted.]
Take some pictures of the Alhambra for me. You're witnessing the influence of arcane Muslim architecture and art into the European landscape. Their influence changed the course of art in the Western world. And ask questions about Bobadil.

-Dad

June 19

D1: were at the next hotel and im about to leave to do somthing...haha im really tired but all is well love you tell people a say hi. PEACE

D1: hey i can actually write now cause its like 11:30 here and everyone is chillin in thier rooms. Spain is totally awesome and i love all the people here. im not a people person as you obviously know but i havent had one time where i just wanted to be alone. so im doing awesome and im so glad you let me come. its been the craziest thing ever, but its so good. I have everyones presents and they are pretty sweet. i might buy more junk in madrid just cause im in spain and its cool. haha but i can garuentee (how the crap do you spell that) that i wont spend all my money. i got really burnt today and its getting really hot. im not ready yet but when the time comes i will be ready to be home. im pretty much going to sleep for the first few days cause im so messed up on sleep. my allergies are pissing me off (i mean bugging me) hahaha im going now...love you all peace

Mom: Hey, thanks for the email. I am really glad that you are liking this trip. I am still amazed that you can have this opportunity at your age. I am also awed by the fact that Dad and I can trust you enough at 14 to let you go on this trip. It is really gratifying to us to see you take on this kind of experience. I love you and am very proud to have you as my daughter. Everyone says “hi”. The family, G-ma & G-pa, the young women.

Love you
Mom

P.S. guarantee

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So many thoughts

S*&#t I let my kids and their friends do

A Mother's Day Letter to My Kids