Time

I am trying to get my kids to understand the value of time. Specifically how much time slips by without us realizing it. Things like watching television, playing Girl2Girl or Addicting Games, WOW, texting, "Stumbling" about on the internet or "Next Blog"ging take away hours from our days and next to nothing is accomplished. I should know, I do some of these things.

I don't mean to take away from the enjoyment of these things or even to suggest that I/my kids shouldn't do them. However, I am always saying, "Watch where your time goes." What I would like them to see is that minutes slip into hours -- hours slide into days -- days steal into months -- and months fly all too quickly into years. Time is the only thing that is truly ours. How do we use it?

Comments

Lindsay said…
WOW! The blog gets a makeover. Very nice. And it makes my heart happy that you're blogging. And that you've been pretty good at updating! Believe me. . .this is ONE thing that is worth your time. Because you can go back and read what you DID with your time. And your kids will treasure the memories. I promise.

Popular posts from this blog

So many thoughts

S*&#t I let my kids and their friends do

A Mother's Day Letter to My Kids