The Mom and Dad

Here's the "Spring" run-down.

The Dad:

Working hard everyday to provide for our family.  Doing a wonderful job of it.  He is as calm and steady as anybody I know.  He has a tremendous work ethic and is always faithful that the Lord will provide.  He teaches the Priests in YM (that includes C, as this is his last year at home)  Those YM love him.  He always gives them something to chew on. He has D4 playing baseball on an all boys team.  He is a great supporter of her, taking her to almost all of her practices, working with her extra and all the good things that come with the experience. He will travel with her to her tournaments, just has he has C for the past 10 years.  He is the official scorekeeper for Alta baseball and is C's biggest fan.  He is a good fan at that.  Supportive, but not overbearing. (I know, I have asked C)  He gives good advice and wants the best for C's baseball season, as this is his last high school season.  He rarely misses a game.  He supports the girls (D1, D2, D3 and D4) in their activities as well.  We trade-off a bunch, but he has watched countless girls basketball games, soccer games, lacrosse games, gymnastic workouts, percussion recitals, piano recitals and the list goes on and on.  He practices law, tries cases, researches, mentors and teaches his associates how to be great attorneys and writes books.  He is a great blessing in our lives.

The Mom:

Wants more than anything to try and figure out how to have more "family dinners."  The schedule is difficult, but I am convinced not impossible.  Baseball 5 days a week for C, 3 days a week for D4.  D4 has Achievement Days and Brownies 2x a month and gymnastics.  YM and YW, Special Needs YW/YM for D1. Crew started for D2 and that is 4 days a week.  Soccer for D3 begins this week, not sure of that schedule, but in all likelihood 3 or 4 times a week.  D1 plans and watching all Alta baseball games, and Waterford women's lacrosse games she can reasonably make.  Piano and percussion 2x a week. This is the schedule I must work with.  Sounds downright crazy when you put in on paper.  Oh, wait - it is on paper, it's called my calendar. Any suggestions?  I do all the billings for Big D's law practice, as I have done for the last 20 some odd years.  I also do some other work for the office.  Lately, as in the last 4 years or so, I have also become a book editor.  He writes, I edit. Then I read galley proofs.  During these times, not much gets done that doesn't have to be done.  I am slowly making progress in whittling down projects in the house.  Anyone who knows me knows this is not a strong point for me.  I tend to start things I don't often finish.  I am trying to go slower, break things into more manageable projects and NOT beat myself up for failure.  I teach the MM in YW.  Great job.  I teach about 1x a month and get to teach D2.  I am seriously considering submitting a resume to my kids' school and take the steps to become a substitute teacher.  Sounds like something I would like.  I really like kids.  I should, I have had plenty of experience with them.  In my next life, I would like to be a National Geographic photographer.  For now I will enjoy what I have.  I love my family.  Every last one of them.  Even the ones I don't ever mention on the blog. 

Comments

gammy said…
Oh how I enjoy your writing and thoughts. Thank you for your young wisdom and insight. Miss you guys.

Popular posts from this blog

So many thoughts

A Mother's Day Letter to My Kids